Product Review: Kinky-Curly Leave-In

9:54:00 AM 3 Comments A+ a-

Winter is upon us so it's time to switch out my leave-in conditioner. I wanted something that was a cream-base and offered great moisture with the benefit of added herbs. I found Kinky-Curly Knot Today at Target for $16. The price is more than I care to pay for products but I figured I would give it a try. 

How I used it
I cowashed as normal with Shea Moisture conditioner. I applied some Jamaican Black Castor oil to my hairline to prevent thinning. Next, I squeezed about a quarter size amount of the Knot Today into my palm and smoothed it through the section I was going to twist. Once I applied, I detangled my hair and then twisted with a little bit of Shea Moisture Curl Milk.




What I liked
This stuff smells AMAZING!I couldn't stop sniffing it. LOL It's very light and doesn't leave product buildup. I didn't have any issue with it not mixing well with my conditioner or leaving white flakes. It blended into my hair very well and left my twists super shiny and moisturized. Detangling with it was a breeze. I've never had it go so quickly or smoothly. It also give my hair a great soft hold. It felt stiff without being crunchy or too hard.

What I didn't like
I don't particularly care for the consistency. I wanted something creamy and this was more like a gel - a watered down gel. It smooths very easy into your hands though. I also didn't like the price. $16 for this?? I don't like to pay over $10 for products but so far I am liking what I got for my money.

3 comments

Write comments
November 29, 2011 11:54 AM delete

Whole Foods sells it as well and it must have gone up in price (again) because I paid around $10 for it.

I was reluctant to try Knot Today because of the price but I had the bottle I was gifted for over 6 months and I wash my hair once a week. Considering I was using hands full of the cheap stuff I came out cheaper with this (and my hair dried faster). My hair loves that stuff!

I divide my hair into four sections and put about a dime sized amount on each section and then apply a little around my edges. Yep, only a dime sized amount on a 1/4 of all my hair! Then I apply my oil and brush it through with my tangle teezer. If I had to use more of it I would've stopped a long time ago due to the price, but good stuff nonetheless.

Reply
avatar
Editor
AUTHOR
November 29, 2011 1:13 PM delete

I love this stuff. When I first tried it,my hair hated it. Now, it's like one of my staples. It makes my hair very soft and when I get down to my last I add a little water, EVOO and a spray top and use it as a daily refresher. It's only $11 at most Targets in the DC/MD area!

Reply
avatar
Monique
AUTHOR
December 01, 2011 8:27 AM delete

@KayC - this stuff is the business! I am so surprised about how far a little of this will go.

@Kiki - I am so in love with this product. I've already added it to my regular lineup.

Reply
avatar