Product Review: Taliah Waajid's Curly Curl Cream

2:06:00 AM 7 Comments A+ a-


I am a huge fan of Taliah Waajid's products so you can imagine my surprise when I learned she had some new stuff out. I saw this bottle of Curly Curl Cream and decided to give it a try on my tresses. Here's the skinny on it:

Curly Curl Cream is a non-greasy herbal hair cream that revitalizes curls and eliminates frizz. Conditions and nourishes hair while adding shine and moisture. Holds hair and styles in place. Easily shampoos out with no build up.

Directions: Use on wet or dry hair.  Apply to hair. Use fingers to distribute smoothly to define, shape and style curls. Can be used on all textures of curly hair.

One thing this new product promises is moisture, moisture, moisture. Apparently she is moving towards a more vegetable-derived humenctants that moisturize, soften and protect every strand. I can't say that I noticed a huge difference in terms of moisture since I have other products I use for that step. 

One thing I liked this product was that it definitely smelled good. I'm a sucker for products that make my hair smell good while giving it the nutrients it requires to stay healthy. Additionally, it gives your hair great hold. It's quite similar to Loc It Up, but without the gel consistency. I found myself using this in place of Eco Styler gel when doing twists and braids. It does not build up on your hair and does not leave it crunchy the way gel does. My hair was very soft with great hold. 

I also discovered that I prefer applying this to wet hair instead of dry hair. I noticed a little bit of while residue left on my hair when applied dry. Instead, I damped my hair with plain water and used it to smooth my hair down for a puff. I will continue to use this as an alternative to gel when want my hair to remain soft but with great hold.

7 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
April 15, 2012 2:44 PM delete

Do u still use this product??

Reply
avatar
Monique
AUTHOR
April 15, 2012 7:46 PM delete

Actually, I haven't used this in months. My hair has changed what products it responds to and this particular product now causes me serious buildup.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
September 08, 2012 3:47 PM delete

I found that it made my head itch like crazy! Had to re wash my hair the next day! Plus once it dried white stuff was falling out of my head :(

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
February 10, 2013 11:44 AM delete

Currently the stage my hair is in Taliah Waajid Product Line is my saving grace. To prevent the build up I use on my wet hair n mix with her body mistifier spray, the curl sealer and my favorites olive n cocoa oils. My two strand twists are amazing! Soft n full of shine.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
August 05, 2013 12:57 AM delete

I love it, it keeps my curls for days and holds up in the NC humidity. Love this product!!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
June 12, 2015 12:16 PM delete

I used this product for the first time today instead of Eco styler gel and I LUV it. Its a little pricy but well worth it. It smells great, gives the hair great curl defin and does not leave the hair hard like gel.

Reply
avatar