Help! My Natural Hair Isn't Growing!

10:44:00 PM 1 Comments A+ a-

I can’t begin to tell you how many times I hear this line:

“I feel like my hair isn’t growing! What can I do to make it grow?
via Google Images

As much as I wish I could tell people that there is some magical pill that they can take and wake up in 24 hours with hair down to their knees, I can’t. You see, growing you hair is like trying to lose weight; with the proper nutrition (products) and regular workouts (hair regimens), you can have fabulously natural hair.

Let’s talk products…..

Ask yourself: Am I using products that work for my hair type?

9 times of 10 you will answer ‘no’ to this question and that’s ok. I’m here to help you get back on track.

  •  If you have dry hair, look for butter or cream products. Oils can sometimes just sit on the hair, but butters and creams tend to penetrate deeper and give you more moisture. Of course, make sure you seal your moisture in with a good sealant on the ends.
  • Cut back on the washing. I know water loves natural hair but much like our skin, if it just sits there without being absorbed, it can evaporate and leave our hair drier instead of more moisturized.
  • Limit shampoos. Shampoos are great cleansers but make sure you aren’t using them too frequently. Some natural hair can handle shampoo every other day; others, once a month. Trial and error will tell you what works for your hair.

Let’s talk hair regimens…

The key to successful hair growth lies equally in the products you use and how you handle your hair. Your hair is a living organism that should be treated gently and delicately. You wouldn't man-handle your body, so why do it with your hair?

  • Less is more. The less you manipulate your hair, the more it will grow. Overstyling your hair can lead to dry, brittle hair as a result of constant touching that will strip the hair of oils and moisture. 
  • Detangle gently! I hate those pecky knots in my hair as much as the next person but take care to remove them gently. A lot of conditioner and water can go a long way when detangling hair. And while you’re at it, opt for more finger detangling and less comb detangling.
  • Cleanse. Deep Condition. Detangle. Moisturize. Seal – in that order. Always remember to follow these steps when taking care of your natural hair.



With a little trial and error and a lot of patience, you can get your hair back on track and thriving again. Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day. 

1 comments:

Write comments
Unknown
AUTHOR
July 01, 2016 6:11 AM delete

Impressive post. My hair was totally damaged than my aunt asked to use herbal product & I started using Herbal essences shampoo & conditioner . Now I am soo happy.. & I also use straighter for my hair. Here it (http://www.myhaircarecoach.com/) thanks to this site. This site also post many useful tips & advise for hair care. This site post instruction of use straighter .So my hair make me attractive and my life beautiful....:)

Reply
avatar