Monday Morning Hair

3:28:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Last week, I went hard with my workouts and my hair suffered. I was averaging about 4 miles a day and my hair became a matted mess. I decided to spend Sunday giving my hair some much needed TLC. I started by clarifying it with apple cider vinegar to remove the product build up and clean my scalp. I applied using a spray bottle and massaged it in using the pads of my fingers.

Next, I deep conditioned for about two hours (only because I forgot I had conditioner in my hair) with Shea Moisture's Raw Shea Conditioner. My hair soaked this stuff up completely. I rinsed it out with warm water followed by a cold water rinse.


I finished it up by applying the Beautiful Textures leave-in conditioner and twisting with Beautiful Textures Butter Cream. The results were amazing. My hair felt super moisturized and my twists were well-defined. To preserve and stretch this style, I am going to twist my hair into chunky twists each night and before my workouts. A little oil will be applied to my hands before untwisting.