Product Review: Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie

9:22:00 AM 3 Comments A+ a-

This week's product review is on Shea Moisture's Curl Smoothie. I've test this product before and was left with white flakes in my hair but like they say, it's always better the second time around.

What did I think
Thanks to Serenity23, I decided to try a braidout on my hair. I shampooed with Shea Moisture Black Soap shampoo, deep conditioned and detangled with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque and organic raw shea butter conditioner. After rinsing out the conditioner, I massaged my hairline with Jamaican Black Castor Oil to prevent thinning and misted my hair with Curls of the World Leave-In conditioner. I separated my hair into two inch sections, smoothie the curl mixture down the length of my hair and braided. Before braiding, make sure you smooth the cream into your hair well. You risk the possibility of buildup or flakes if it isn't blended in well. 


First day braid out. Not bad
Consistency
Creamy like pudding or yogurt


Smell
Coconut-y, sweet hibiscus; very sweet smell

Day 1 braid out

Recommendations for Transitioners
Because transitioning hair can be extra dry, this product will be great as as styling agent. It provided just enough hold without making my hair feel crunchy. My hair felt extremely soft and my definition was superb. Try this product for your styling needs. 

3 comments

Write comments
July 28, 2011 10:06 AM delete

Your hair looks great with it! I can't wait to review this as well.


precious-curls.blogspot.com

Reply
avatar
Monique
AUTHOR
July 29, 2011 8:22 AM delete

It really is a great product for twisting with. It reminds of a pudding. I think I'll really like twisting my hair with it in the winter. Let me know how it works out for you.

Reply
avatar