My mainstays

8:31:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-



As I've mentioned in another post, I'm not a product junkie. I don't run out and test every single product there is on my hair for two reasons: 1. It's too expensive and 2. I stick with tried and true. The main reason to go natural is to limit the amount of things on your hair. Keep it clean and simple and your scalp and hair will thank you later. I thought I would take the time to list the products that work for me and encourage you to take a whirl at them if you may.


Shampoo - Yes to Cucumbers - I haven't found anything else that makes my hair and scalp free this squeaky clean. If I don't use this, I use Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with Distilled Water to clarify my hair and clean it. 


Conditioner for CoWashing - Herbal Essence Hello Hydration or V05 Conditioner - My previous post mentioned how awesome HEHH was. For $2.97 at Walmart for a big bottle, you can't beat that price. If you use it to detangle, make sure you slater on alot. V05 won't run you any more than $.99 at almost any store. It has great slip and works good for detangling as well.


Moisturizing - Taliah Waajid Kinky, Curly, Wavy Style & Shine and Cantu Shea Butter - Taliah's stuff is so affordable and effective. I love how light it is but it also gives my hair great moisture and shine. It's safe enough for my to use on my 2 year son's head as well. Cantu Shea Butter is used when I break out the big guys. I normally use it to seal my ends. I also use to it during the winter months since my hair tends to dry a bit more then.


For Twists-outs, braids-out and to define curls - Taliah Waajid Lock it Up or Jamaican Mango Lime Loc Gel - Again, Taliah's stuff will give my twists the perfect definition and hold without the flaking. My hair remains soft and moisturized when I use. When I do twist/braid-outs I plan to keep in for a few days (over the weekend), I use JMLLG. It has much better hold than Taliah's, no flaking and keeps the hair soft. 


If I'm in a rush - EVOO, Conditioner, Tea Tree Oil, and Water - On days I don't wash-n-go or when I just need to add some moisture to my hair to style, I keep a spray bottle of the concoction above and mist my hair. This stuff is heaven sent. I came up with the ingredient list on my own and it works great. It soften my hair just enough for me to fluff it out and style until I wash later that evening. Plus it's super hydrating.