New Year, New Fitness Goals

3:36:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

Did 2013 go by fast or what? So much happened to me both personally and professionally in 2013 that I can't wait to see what happens in 2014.

While some people believe that new year resolutions are a waste of time, I believe differently. I love the idea of setting new goals at the start of a new year and working towards them. It's like, you finally get to try-try again in a brand new year - the slate is wiped clean and you& nbsp;. Personally I find it super motivating and thought I would share a few of mine with you as it relates to my health....


1. EXERCISE! I feel like I started the year off strong with this and then completely slacked the closer it got to my wedding. Before I knew it, the summer was over and my weight loss was shot. This year, I want to be more dedicated to exercising more frequently.

2. EAT BETTER. I've always opted for more healthy foods, but towards the end of the year, I began to stray from that path. I took a health scare to remind me that food is not pacifier, but rather fuel for our bodies...but it's still ok to indulge from time to time.

3. TAKE BETTER CARE OF MY HEALTH. See the previous post.

4. REST MORE. 2013 was non-stop for me but rightfully so. I mean, I did get engaged, plan a wedding, watched both my brothers graduate and I get married (all in the same weekend!), add extra duties at work and start some new hobbies all within a 6 month window at times. I think I have earned my rest.

5. RUN WITH BLACK GIRLS! RUN MORE. I didn't get a chance to spend as much time with BGR as I wanted but I plan to start the new year off right but doing more Saturday sessions with them. I don't know about those 5am runs but I got you for 7am on Saturdays :).

6. INVEST IN MORE WORKOUT GEAR. Call me vain but when I'm wearing a cute and comfort workout outfit, I feel more inclined to workout. Plus I need to start buying wicking socks, compression tights (or socks) and tutus for races.

Do you set new year resolutions? What are some that you are setting for yourself?