Current Length

4:56:00 AM 3 Comments A+ a-

Almost to my waist....

Straightening my hair this weekend was something completely unplanned. I think what prompted me to do it were some of the fairy knots I noticed in my ends. Either way, I'm glad I did it. I haven't straightened my hair since my wedding day and it was about time to check on it.

What I discovered was that I didn't have split ends as bad as I thought. As a matter fact, my BFF didn't have to trim off very much at all, as you can tell from the picture. This leads me to believe that my nightly routine of oiling my ends, retwisting and keeping my hands out of my hair really work.

I'm going to try and keep my hair straight for a week and then I will put a protective style in for the next few months. Winter really is harsh on us naturals and so we have to give our hair a "break" every now and then to protect it.

3 comments

Write comments
Serenity3-0
AUTHOR
January 22, 2014 1:54 PM delete

Love to see your progress! Great job! I commented last week with a suggestion but maybe my comment didn't go through b/c I don't see it. But I was suggesting that maybe you do a series on color. Spring is just around the corner and a lot of ladies are considering color to change up their hair. It might be informative to hear how to take care of color and some color inspiration and things like that. Hope all is well!

Reply
avatar
Monique
AUTHOR
January 22, 2014 8:44 PM delete

Hi Serenity. That's a great idea. I've never colored my hair before so I will need to bring some peeps in to help weigh in on that. Do I sense a volunteer? :)

Reply
avatar
January 23, 2014 11:42 AM delete

I cant wait to get there! I love it :-)

Reply
avatar