Bantu Knots and Pin-Ups

11:12:00 PM 3 Comments A+ a-

Hey guys! Last night I felt ambitious and decided to give Curlformers a try.

EPIC HAIR FAIL!!!!

I will have to post my video from that disaster another time. As a result of the hot mess that were Curlformers, I decided to give Bantu Knots a long overdue try and I must say, they came out pretty great. My hair was still a little damp that morning when I took them down but the definition was excellent. I didn't do anything special to my hair other than dampen it with water, applied a little whipped shea butter and twisted it up. My hair was well detangled two days prior so I didn't need to do a complete wash. Here are a few pictures:


I have received tons of compliments on this style and plan to wear it for a while. This is definitely getting adding to the list of possible wedding 'dos.

3 comments

Write comments
Serenity3-0
AUTHOR
March 22, 2013 8:59 AM delete

I really like this look on you! I have not been successful with bantu knot outs on my hair and I really want to try them for Easter.. Maybe I'll have to experiment in the middle of the week so I won't be looking crazy on Easter.

Reply
avatar
Monique
AUTHOR
March 22, 2013 9:02 AM delete This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
avatar
Monique
AUTHOR
March 22, 2013 9:04 AM delete

Thanks Serenity! I tried this look on with my veil and it looks absolutely fantastic. It reminded me so much of the video you sent me.

Reply
avatar