My first race

12:23:00 AM 1 Comments A+ a-

Winner winner chicken dinner!
I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all those who supported and encouraged me while I trained and completed my first race - a 10k! - last weekend with Black Girls Run. Listen, if you aren't involved with this organization, you are missing out some great and positive energy. I felt among sisters during the race, despite running alone. Special shout out to all my sorors that were there representing! Skee-wee!

As for my hair on race day, my giant puff seemed appropriate in the sea of over 3000 black women running through Atlanta. There were tons of naturals with some beautiful heads of hair. I wish I had a chance to take their pictures but I was too focused on the race. Again, thanks everyone for your support and wish me luck on my next race on October 7! I'm a running beast now!

1 comments:

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
September 22, 2012 10:03 AM delete

Are you doing the half on 10/7?

Reply
avatar