Updated Summer Product List

8:38:00 AM 2 Comments A+ a-

It's summertime and it's time to update my staple product list! In the summer months, I tend to shift to a "less is more" hair routine. I will stretch my styles out by two weeks or longer if I'm feeling lazy. LOL Gone are the days of twisting and retwisting my hair, or rocking intricate hair styles. Hello to days of wash and go's, puffs and 2 week old twist outs. 


Georgia can get pretty hot and extremely humid in the summers so I don't worry too much about maintaining my curl definition. Below is my updated product list for the summer.


Product
How I Use It
Link
Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Shampoo
Weekly or Biweekly depending on how much I work out
Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioning Milk
Weekly Cowashing
Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Style Conditioning Milk
Daily hair moisturizer; also used for twisting and braiding my hair
Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-In Condition
Leave-in conditioner; detangling
Water
Daily to add moisture back into my hairPlain ol' tap water will do just fine
Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade
Used to seal my ends
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Applied to hairline to prevent hair breakage and thinning
Curls of the World Flaxseed Gel
All-natural hair gel; holding agent

2 comments

Write comments
Tazzee
AUTHOR
June 07, 2012 8:54 PM delete

I need to perfect my wash n go. But I want to truly be able to wash and go - not section and apply and all that jazz. Help!

Reply
avatar
Monique
AUTHOR
June 07, 2012 11:11 PM delete

@Tazzee - I know what mean. It all starts with products. you have to find the right combo or the right ones to use. Sometimes we tend to go for those that only add moisture instead of those that add moisture and define curls. What are you currently using?

Reply
avatar