Product Review: Beautiful Textures

8:51:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

I am totally over my straight hair. Unfortunately it rained here in Atlanta and my hair said it wasn't having that so it was only a matter of time. I decided to bring my curls back using a new product line. Beautiful Textures is all the rage and made its debut last year. I have to give it to them, they are doing a great job so far. The 'lively' packaging had me a little apprehensive but those feelings were quickly tamed.


I purchased the shampoo, deep conditioner and whipped curl creme on a whim. They also have a leave-in conditioner but Kinky Curly has been holding me down in that department. This line is available at Walmart (and Sally's!)  and is pretty reasonably priced. At $5.98 to $6.98 per product, its a few dollars cheaper than my beloved Shea Moisture. 


Pretty lively packaging huh?

My curls are coming back

Deep conditioner applied and curls reverting back




How I Used It
I shampooed my hair with the Tangle Taming Shampoo and loved how moisturizing it was. My hair didn't feel stripped at all. Did I also mention how good it smelled? The lather was very smooth and lather-y (I totally made that word up). 


Next, I applied the Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner. This stuff was so light and smelled heavenly. It looked a bit like a cross between yogurt and hair gel. Either way, it blended well into my hair and the build-up faded as my hair dried. Since I have really thick hair I had to use a lot of conditioner so I will have to make sure I purchase more than one jar at a time. I allowed the DC to sit for a few hours before rinsing it out with cold water.


Finally, I twisted my hair using the Moisture Butter. It was very hydrating and had great slip for twisting. 


Beautiful Textures may just be one of my new favorite product lines. I highly recommend it for transitioners, newly naturals or seasoned naturals. Not only is it affordable, but it is also hydrating - something all naturals need.


FYI: Cassidy of Natural Selection Blog is an Brand Ambassador for them and is currently doing a European tour on their behalf. Read more about her travels HERE.