Hair Breaks

9:25:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Happy New Year again! Let's chat about "breaks" shall we? Breaks? What ever do you mean, Monique? I'm talking about hair breaks; letting your hair rest. Not only has the winter made me super lazy and want to climb into a cave to sleep the next 3 months, it has also made me neglect my tresses. 


Yes, you read that right; I have not been taking care of my hair the way I should and I'm ok with that. I've come to realize that much like bears need the winter months to rest and recoup from the heat and humidity, our hair can use a break from manipulation and dry, cold air. 


SOURCE
I recently wore minitwists for a week and loved it! This time, I want to step the challenge up and wear them for 2-3 weeks. I am going to attempt real minitwists. I love the mini twists done by Naptural85 and Kinky Kurly Queen so I'm going to give them a try. My hair really could use a break and if I weren't going to lunch with some of my line sisters tomorrow, my hair would be twisted up. 


I'll keep you posted as I start my minitwists and may even do a video for you guys. :0)