Embracing Your Hair

3:49:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-


I have finally reached the point in my natural hair journey where I am ok with the fact that my hair may not be tamed everyday. One of my biggest fears while transitioning was trying to figure out what I would do with my hair on days it didn't want to behave. Some people immediately turn to the creamy crack and throw the towel in, but not me. Instead, I chose to embrace my "untamable mane". 


It may be a little unorthodox but I love the days that I can't get one side to hand the way I want, or I can't my twists to be as moisturized as I want. What this signals to me is that I need to change; I need to evolve like my hair. We forget that each of us (including our hair) is so unique that no two days or two moles are alike. That smile you see above is the smile of a woman who has said, "Take me as I am or don't take me at all. Either way, I'm happy with me."


I challenge you to go find that smile in you too and embrace it.