My Beauty Supply Store Experience

10:01:00 PM 5 Comments A+ a-

There are two things you can guarantee about Atlanta: great southern food and an endless supply of beauty supply stores.  Atlanta is considered one of these premier places in the world to get your 'do beat, pressed, curled, crimped and gelled to the side. I took a field trip after dinner with my girlfriends to what might be the biggest beauty supply store in the city. Located at South Dekalb Mall on Candler Road, Super Beauty Supply Store left me speechless.

What an experience! I wish I had recorded a video of the store just to show you how massive it was. Turns out it used to be a JCPenney's so keep that in mind when comparing the scale. Nonetheless, here are pictures from my visit.


The entrance to the store from the parking lot.

Immediately walking through the doors you are greeted by the multiple checkout lanes. Have you ever seen that in a beauty supply store? I haven't!


Aisles upon aisles of...HAIR!! Remy, Indian Remy, Human, Synthetic. You name it, they carry it.


The hair is never ending...and this was just one aisle.


The world's largest supply of children's hair accessories. I  have never seen anything like this.


Need perm rods? You can get the off-brand kind for $.99. Tell them Monique sent you. :)


Want to experiment with flexirods? You can find them cheap here and in every size imaginable.


Want a bun but don't have enough hair? They have a "bun area". 0_0


I found it interesting that the natural hair products were kept in glass cases...that expanded a whole aisle!




Of course Miss Jessie's was there.


There was also a new brand called Chocolate? Never heard of them.


The name of this line tickled me "Baby Don't Be Bald". Its a kids line.


Herbal Essence has a line called  "Break's Over". It's supposed to be great for damaged hair. I've never heard of them but this store seemed to be the only one to carry it.


Wigs! Wigs!And more wigs! An entire side of the store was dedicated to wigs.


Drawstring ponytails for kids. 


The Wall of Buns. No seriously, these are bun styles that someone has done and they display. You can purchase any of the pre-made styles in any color. All you do to attach is pull the string and pin in place.


Think I'm kidding? Check it out.


0_0


Want to wrap your hair up? A wall scarves awaits you.


And you can't visit a store without hitting up the clearance section. 


This beauty supply store also has its own hair salon, Silhouette. Check them out!


And if you have any questions, Customer Service is right up front.

I left the store amazed that I made it through it within 30 minutes. Maybe it's because I was too busy chasing my son around but I can see myself spending at least an hour walking up and down the aisles checking out products. And if you need help, a sales associate is normally lingering nearby to answer any questions you may have. 

5 comments

Write comments
September 19, 2011 10:16 PM delete

Girl I go to Super Beauty at Greenbriar. They have everything!

Reply
avatar
Adrienne
AUTHOR
September 20, 2011 10:09 AM delete

Where in THE WORLD is this!??!? I want to go! LOL We have a store here called Ensley Beauty Supply that's big, I don't think its big anymore lol

Reply
avatar
September 20, 2011 10:23 AM delete

oh wow! Multiple check out lanes?!? WOW! Simply wow!

But like they say...black hair care is multi billion dollar business!!!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
September 23, 2011 11:21 AM delete

Who are you telling, I almost cried I thought i was in heaven lol

Reply
avatar
Jamila J.
AUTHOR
September 24, 2011 10:59 PM delete

It has been years since I have been to South Dekalb mall. This beauty supply might change that. :) Are the prices the same as Target/Wal-mart/Walgreens?

Reply
avatar