Product Review: Curls of the World, Gypsy Oil (Hair Growth Oil)

4:01:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

Today's review is about Curls of the World, Gypsy Oil (Hair Growth Oil). I typically mix my own oils for my hair oil treatments but this one was just as effective. The directions are as follows:


For hot oil treatments, warm (slightly) about 1 to 2 tablespoons of Gypsy Magic in a heat resistant container.  Massage the warm oil throughout your hair from roots to tip.  Wrap your curls in a towel for 15 to 20 mins.  Rinse with warm water, or shampoo as needed.


Ingredients
Sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, macadamia nut oil, rosemary essential oil, lavender essential oil, peppermint essential oil, neem oil, and Vitamin E. 

Consistency
Typical oily

Smell
Very peppermint-y, doesn't linger in your hair after rinsing

What did I think

I decided to use this oil mixture as my pre-poo treatment instead of a hot oil treatment. If you aren't familiar with pre-pooing, read more it HERE. I parted my hair, and oiled it each section thoroughly. I allowed it to sit for 30 minutes before going about my regular wash regimen. I can really see a difference in detangling from doing this. My hair had a bit more moisture to it than normal. There was no heavy oil left behind so my hair didn't feel greasy. The peppermint-y smell did not remain. I'm not a fan of the peppermint smell at all but if you can deal with it, then I suggest you try this.