Product Review: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

8:33:00 AM 3 Comments A+ a-

Hello everyone! I'm back from my Disney vacation and what a fabulous time I had. I think I took about 300-400 pictures during the trip. :) When I returned, it was quite apparent that my hair needed some TLC after battling the South Florida heat and sweat. I decided to try the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie with my twist out. I must say, I'm pleasantly pleased.


I did a lemon juice rinse to my hair to remove all the gunk and build-up on my scalp, then I shampooed with Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo. I followed that up with a Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner to detangle my hair; once that was done, I did a deep condition using Shea Moisture Raw Shea Restorative Deep Treatment Masque (which I added a little honey too).


I allowed my hair to dry for a day before twisting. This wasn't intentionally but rather, I was too tired after the trip to bother with it. LOL After allowing my hair to dry, I proceeded to dampen it with a little water and twist as usual. I used only a small amount of a curl smoothie on my hair since a little goes a long way.


My twists after separating once
Separated once



I got to work a little early and decided to take my twists apart for bigger hair and here's how it turned out:




The review:
I really like this smoothie. As I mentioned before, a little goes a long way so make sure you heavy-handed folks take it easy. I do wish I did my twists on wet hair instead of dry. I noticed that ends of a couple of twists had flakes, which I think is due in part to the fact that I had too much product on my hair while twisting. My twists were super defined and very hydrated without feeling greasy. I'm curious to see how this stuff holds up during the summer months here in Georgia when the humidity is crazy.

3 comments

Write comments
RealHustla
AUTHOR
April 13, 2011 12:09 PM delete

I'm glad you finally tried the lemon juice. Hope you like it. I use this product on Puah's hair and we do not get these stunning results.

Reply
avatar
April 20, 2011 9:49 AM delete

Pretty!! The twist out looks awesome. I'll have to try the lemon juice method.

Reply
avatar
June 09, 2011 7:55 PM delete

i like you twist. it look pretty.

Reply
avatar