Florita's Big Chop

6:20:00 AM 2 Comments A+ a-

One of my very dearest friends from high school big chopped on her 28th birthday this week! I have known Florita since our days as flag girls at Fletcher High School in Jacksonville, Florida. Who would have thought 11 years later would continue to bond over hair. Read her big chop story below!
Before
OMG, She did it!

Immediately after chopping
End Result: Beautiful!


Pretty!


All smiles!


Why?
I was ready for a change.  I got my hair cut into a Mohawk back in May, but between the relaxers every 4-5 weeks, the heat styling, and the drying, alcohol-based products, I knew the style wasn't sustainable.  My hair coming out into my hands when I washed it was a big telltale sign, also.  I know it sounds cliche, but I wanted to free up my life.  I'm physically active, and I like to be on the go, and I was sick of saying, "I can't do x, y, or z because of my hair." What kind of sense does that make? None.  I had been toying the idea for a while, but I made the commitment back in July when I got my last relaxer. I chopped it off on November 10th, my 28th birthday, and I'm not looking back!

How I feel?
Great. I love it even more than I thought I would.  My friends and family really like it too. My hair has never been this sort, but it grows; right? 

Regimen?
Wash n go! My goal is to really see what my hair can do when left to its own devices. I will cowash a couple times a week, since I work out and ride my bike several times a week, shampoo every other week, and keep it moisturized! 

2 comments

Write comments
Monique
AUTHOR
November 19, 2010 9:51 AM delete

I love it too. It really suits her.

Reply
avatar