Protecting Your Hair Under Hats

8:38:00 AM 3 Comments A+ a-

On days my hair is feeling blah, I put on a beanie to kick things up a notch. Most beanies, if not all, are made of a very thick yarn which can be very drying to your hair. As a means of combating dryness, I discovered a trick to keeping your hair moisturized and styled without a problem.

Before putting my beanie on, I apply moisturizer to my hair. Next, I put my satin bonnet back on. Yes, I put the same satin bonnet I slept with back on. With the beanie directly on top of my hair, it will pull the moisture from it, thus, making it a dry mess. The bonnet helps cover my strands and hold moisture in. I throw a few bobby pins in place to secure the beanie and keep moving. 




3 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
October 08, 2010 8:44 AM delete

This looks good! I dont have any beanies, but maybe I should get one.
S23

Reply
avatar
Monique
AUTHOR
October 17, 2010 7:50 PM delete

They are definitely a great accessory to have for the winter months or when you just don't feel like doing your hair.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
October 24, 2010 1:11 PM delete

I'm glad I came across this post because I've been yelling beanie for the last two weeks. I'm tired of my hair honestly and can't wait to safely tuck it away. Thanks to this post I know I need a satin cap on it to keep from hating my hair even more. Thanks.

Go

Reply
avatar