Product Review: Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Conditioner

9:37:00 AM 1 Comments A+ a-

Lately my hair has been a bit on the dry side and I was on the market for a new leave-in conditioner. I've seen a couple of rave reviews about Herbal Essence's Totally Twisted conditioner for curly hair. Walmart just so happened to have a huge bottle on sale for $3. 


I cowashed my hair on Saturday with Herbal Essence's Hello Hydration, followed by a deep condition with Organic's Olive Oil Deep Conditioner and some grapeseed oil. I  left the mixture in for an hour and rinsed with cold water. Next, I smoothed some jojoba oil and shea butter over my hair, concentrating on the ends. I allowed my hair to air dry for the  rest of the day. I normally twist my hair within 24 hours of cowashing but this time I waited 2 days to do it.


I mixed a concoction of Totally Twisted conditioner, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, grapeseed oil and water into a spray bottle. I did not fully saturate my hair with this mixture because I did not want to deal with shrinkage so  I mist it enough just to dampen it. Then, I took a dollop of Eco Styler gel and smoothed it down the length of the section I was going to twist before running my Denman brush through. I twisted the rest of my hair and then let it air dry overnight. The next morning my curls looked like this:



Likes:
  • The conditioner smelled heavenly! It has lavender in it, which I love.
  • It wasn't too heavy since I mixed it with water.
  • My hair was extremely soft and shiny.
  • My twists weren't hard and crunchy and had great hold. 
  • It's hydrating enough for me to use in my son's hair as well.


Dislikes:
None


I think I will start using this conditioner as my leave-in from now on.  I really like how hydrating it is as well as how soft it made my twists. I've been using it in my son's curly hair daily and I love how soft his hair feels. I highly recommend you give this a try. 

1 comments:

Write comments
MrsSaditty
AUTHOR
September 27, 2010 11:21 AM delete

I hate that I discovered this after I invested in pricey conditioners. TT is my go-to for wash n go styles. The HE line has my heart: Hydrolicious for moisture/DC, Hello Hydration for quick moisture and now TT!

Reply
avatar